Popular Posts

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Yarn Letters!

Lately I've found myself often thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?" Thank you Pinterest. I am realizing that I haven't used my creative mind in a while. I guess I'm always focused on the kids, hubby, house, and other grown up worries.

So, the next projects was a really simple one. And was definitely one of those DAH! moments...Wrapping cardboard letters in yarn. Why didn't I think of that?

First I picked some yarn that would match the girls' rooms. Then scrounged around the house for a piece of  card board. I wrote a big "K" on it and grabbed the exacto knife.


And started cutting. Of course, this part is for adults only. (I would never give a kid an exacto knife!)



A few minutes later... One excited child!


Then came the wrapping of the yarn and I no longer had an happy child! The wrapping was just too hard for Kennedy (4). In order for it to turn out right, the yarn needs to be tightly wrapped and it was not easy for her to keep it tight.

So, mom did the yarn.


It only took about 15 minutes and a little creativity to cover every inch of the "K". And again, I had a happy child!


We tied some yarn to the back so we could hang it on Kennedy's wall.



All in all, this was a very easy and quick project for me. But, it was not very kid friendly, at least not for a 4 and 3 year old. So, next comes the "B" for Brooke. I just have to find some more cardboard first.

I originally pinned this idea on Pinterst from Delicate Construction

No comments:

Post a Comment